Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2007

I figured out my next border for the cardinal quilt. This is the 4.5 inch block I will use.

I needed something nice and simple so it won't look too busy. I think this one will work just fine.
I need to make 80 of these.

Yes, that is 8 - 0. Eighty. This is only 11.

This is what the border will look like when I sew them together.

Posted by Picasa

So, if nothing else, I will at least get some sewing done this weekend.

Monday, March 26, 2007

This quilt is so big now that I had to take it outside to get a full picture.
As you can see here, I decided to use the other bird blocks I made for each corner. I made them fit by adding the green border all around. I am so glad I got to use them as they took quite some time to make.
The quilt is still not big enough for a king bed, so I have to add another border. At the moment I have no idea what it will be--no stars as I am quite SICK of making stars! I need to figure it out soon so I can get it done before the full gardening season begins. If I leave it until fall, I will forget the block size, where the fabric is I am using, etc. It will save a lot of headaches to just get it all pieced now. The actual quilting will wait until next winter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...