Do You Want to Watch Stitched?

I just spent an enjoyable 1 -1/4 hrs. sewing and watching Stitched, the documentary about three  controversial art quilters, Hollis Chatelain, Randall Cook and Caryl Bryer Fallert as they create their quilts for the 2010 International Quilt Show in Houston.

Cook created quite a stir when he entered this male nude quilt in 2007.

I took this picture right on my computer as I watched the show.

I have to say this is a stunning piece of fabric art.  Whether it's a "quilt" or not is where the controversary lies.

If you want to watch, Stitched, you can do it for free today and tomorrow by registering at this link.

While watching the documentary, I started my third fairy godmother, Knotzelena.
For this one I picked out all the elements I liked best from the ones I had printed.  I am so looking forward to watching this one progress.  She will have long hair with a knot on the top, big blue eyes, glasses, big smile, and scissors on a rope around her neck.

I had quite an enjoyable late afternoon today.

Comments