Welcome Autumn with a Seasonal Tablerunner

The cold rainy weather of a Michigan September reignites my desire to sew.

I've been wanting to make something with fall leaves. I found this 6-inch paper pieced pattern in Carol Doak's book,300 Paper Pieced Quilt Blocks. It's number 91.

It's a fast and easy block to piece.










After making 14 of them, I ended up with this table runner. I put it on my table this morning and then went out and cut some asters to fill the faux pumpkin. I think it sets the mood for an autumn roasted pork loin dinner, don't you?

I had originally planned to use the same off white textured fabric for the backside. After a little more thought, I decided the fabric was too boring. I found something I like much better and it was also used in one of the fall leaves on the runner.

I think this one will make a bold splash of color for a future table.

While surfing the net this morning, I found a fabric flower tutorial and whipped up this napkin ring to coordinate. I just glued the flower to a wooden napkin ring.

So far it's the only one I've made, but I really like it and will make a whole set of them before the weekends is over.

If you want to make some, check out this tutorial at Wisecraft. The post is a few years old and closed to comments, so I could not thank the author. If she happens to see this post, I just want to thank her for sharing her instructions and pattern. It always amazes how unselfish so many sewing/quilting bloggers are.

Comments

free indeed said…
Lovely table scape!
Diana LaMarre said…
Hi free,
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I hope you visit again.
Latane Barton said…
The table runner is very pretty. You had the right idea with the fall leaves.
Wonderful table runner! And the fabric flowers are great, too!
mattsmom499 said…
PLEASE tell me how you did the ends of the runner as well as what size blocks you use and how many of each. I like simple projects that are also useful.
Sarah said…
Beautiful fall table! My asters are blooming their little heads off in my garden. I love fall! The napkin ring is great. I read about the others in the post above. When I get some time, I may try this myself. Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah
Gayle said…
Thank you for passing on this tutorial. The flowers are beautiful...and so are your tablescapes.