Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Jewel Tone Metallic Autumn Table Runner

Last fall I purchased some metallic fat quarters at a local bazaar.
This week I finally started a project using them.
I must say that I do not like working with metallics!  I melted one of the blocks because my iron was too hot. 

Nonetheless, I persevered and finally decided on this simple block :
 I used this color combination for eight 7.5-inch blocks and  made a variation of the color and stripe pattern for 4 additional blocks.  When I had 12 completed, I decided that was all I wanted to make, so I played with arrangements to see what I could do with them. I tried this layout.
 I did not like it. So went with this, which was my original plan.
 I sewed them all together, added some red triangles on each end, then sandwiched and machine quilted it. I ended up with a table runner that measures 56 inches long and 14 inches wide. 
 This size is good for my large dining room  table.
Now I can't wait for fall so I can see how it works with a fully-set jewel-tone table.

3 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

OH WOW, that is beautiful. I can only imagine the patience it took to work with that slick stuff!
But it is just awesome!

Fiesta said...

Stunning

Chris said...

Lovely! Can't wait to see your table setting. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...