Fall Pumpkin Block

I recently made this pumpkin block, but I am not happy with it. Now that it is done, I really do not like the fabric I chose for the leaves.

I guess I will toss it in the pile of completed blocks that I don't know what to do with.

A few weeks ago I went to a quilt exhibit at our local museum. I thought this winter quilt was interesting.
Here is a close up of the snowman in the mitten:

Doesn't it look like a very warm quilt to curl up with near the Christmas tree?

This red/white quilt was DH's favorite:

Earlier this spring I finished these blocks and sewed them all into a tree skirt.


I never quilted it. Now I don't think I want it for a tree skirt! I don't know what I want to do with these blocks. I only know that it will be a pain in my ample posterior to pick it all out! Don't you just hate when you change your mind after it's all sewn? Or maybe I am the only person who does that.

Comments

Hi Zoey,
I love, love the snowman in the mitten quilt. Might have to sketch me a block similar to that one. It does look so cozy. What I have done with random blocks like that is to throw them on the back of a quilt. I think your pumpkin would look adorable pieced in on a Fall themed quilt back.
Diana LaMarre said…
Good idea, Jann.
Thanks!