But she is finally done and I now have a quilting fairy godmother. I took her outside to get the true colors.
Do you think she will watch over me so the next one I make is less frustrating? LOL.
I really wanted one with glasses and eyeballs, so I will probably try a variation some time later.
Has anybody else made their godmother?
This is not an easy block! I am pretty experienced at paper piecing and I had tons of trouble with Bastezipora. I picked out numerous times on every unit. I put the nose unit on upside down and then I thought I had the wrong color in one tiny section, so I remade the whole unit only to find out I had it correct the first time!
Just for fun I gave her a few moles that were not on the pattern. I think I will embellish them with embroidery floss to look like hairs growing out.
If you want to try it, visit paperpanache.com. Here is the pattern page. Amazingly it's free for a short time longer. This lady puts a ton of time into making free patterns for us to enjoy. Thank you so much for this fun pattern.
Light work weekend in the Garden - I did not do much work in the garden this weekend. I did move this 'Magic Fountain' delphinium: and pulled a weed here and there...nothing too strenuous. ...
1 day ago