Still Plodding Along with the Wonkies

I auditioned a few colors for the alternating blocks:

Off white: OK


Polka Dot --Ouch. This hurts my eyes!


Orange - Ok


Nothing really makes my heart sing. I think I need to do something else with the wonkies. Perhaps use them as the center for a star? ...maybe a star medallion with different borders....

At the moment nothing really jumps out at me.   I need to do more thinking before I find a use for these.

Your suggestions are welcome!

Marisa, thanks for the follow!!

Comments

Chris said…
I like the colors in the large polka dots, maybe you could find something in similar colors with smaller dots. That would be a hybrid of layouts one and two. Have fun!
Zoey -
Thanks for letting us add input! I love the wonky house blocks -- spent almost all day reading wonky tutorials online. The two ideas that spring to mind are black (very neutral and should make the blocks pop!) or a fuschia batik fabric, not as strong as a straight solid, but would pick up colors in your blocks. I will check back to see what you have decided -- suspense is awful!
Carol G said…
I agree with Chris. Or do you have any of the yellow with multi-colored dots that is in a couple of the blocks. It might blend better than the white background.