Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, February 7, 2011

Free Snowman Quilt Paper Pieced Block

While attempting to tidy up my sewing room, I came across a pattern that I printed out some time ago.  I decided to make it up and see how quickly it went.

In about 30 minutes I had this little guy completely done.


I found this FREE pattern at FourTwinSisters.com. A huge thank you to the lady at that site who makes great patterns and gives them away. I am always amazed at how generous these people are.

Here are a  few tips to get this one done fast. Instead of embroidering the eyes and buttons, I just used a black Sharpie.  I used my sewing machine for the stick arms.  I also altered the hat top to eliminate the four teeny tiny pieces. It was so  much easier to use one piece for the hat instead of five.

I think he's cute and plan to  make a few more to use for....................????????????????.........who knows! I am sure I will come up with something next fall when I am in the mood to think of Christmas items.

If you want to make one, just go to FourTwinSisters.com. I can't remember exactly what page of the site, but just look for free patterns.  It's an interesting site and you may find something else you like there.

1 comment:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Frosty is down right cute! Smart ideal using a sharpie for eyes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...