Valentine Table Runner is Finished

Don't you hate when this happens?

Arrrrgggg...I did not realize I had the center heart upside down until it was finished.

This was my 8th heart block this week and I was getting bored with them, so I decided to leave it as is. I don't sweat the small stuff...depending on which side of the table runner you are sitting at, the heart would look upside down anyway.

This morning I began designing a runner. I just sewed the hearts in two rows of 4 each. I considered leaving it at that, but it looked pretty dull and I just can't force myself to leave a runner with a square end.  So I made a triangle for each end.  I liked that better.  I traced around a set of  heart cookie cutters to quilt the center white spaces.  I did it by machine.  I have gotten to the point where I can use my machine for simple quilting on small items.  

Then as I was rummaging through my pre-made binding drawer, I came across a small piece of pink edging that just happened to be the perfect size to put on each end of this runner.
 Now I love it! It's so bright and cherry.  My sweet husband just happened to bring me some mini carnations today and I made this little centerpiece which worked great with my  new runner.
I still finish the back side of the binding by hand if I am making anything but a pot holder. That still needs to be done on this one. I will finish it while watching TV this weekend.

Comments