Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Gifts from My Talented Sister

I have a sister who also loves to sew. She has five sewing machines--Juki quilting machine, embroidery machine, serger, etc.  We had our family Christmas Eve party at her home. I left with all of this loot!
The peace sign  fabric items are luggage tags. There is a rice pack, a little make-up bag, a pin cushion, some mittens, a pair of knitted socks, and a little sewing accessory holder that goes over the arm of a favorite chair.

She took us all into her sewing room and had us pick items from her boxes of neatly-organized gifts, like these pincushions....
The mittens have nice embroidery detail. Here we all are modeling our mittens:


Oh, I almost forgot--she also made us all a pair of knitted slippers. I am wearing them right now. Hang on while I run to get my camera and take a picture.  

Look how they match my polka dot holiday jammies!

Thank you Sister T for all the wonderful gifts. You are a very generous sewer/knitter.

2 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

First, I would have tried to sneak one of those machines out of there.
Second, that sister needs a blog to show off her beautiful work. Love the mittens!!

Chris said...

Wow! Your sister is talented and generous! Looks like you all had fun selecting your gifts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...