Making Progress on the Denim Bag and Poor Service from Charter Cable

I have been home from work for over 3 hours and Charter cable TV has been out since I got home-- who knows when it actually went out. So far at least 3 hours--I am not very happy with Charter cable TV--every time it rains hard, snows hard, or we have high winds--it goes out. One might think that Charter would remove that day from one's bill--HA! Never have I seen any reduction in my bill due to their outages. Very poor customer service! If you have options where you live, Don't take Charter!

Since I cannot watch any TV, I have been sewing. I made an identical back for the denim/vinyl bag and added denim gussets:

So far I have no "shaggy" bag components.   I think I may add some to the side gussets and then to the strap.  I will sew this leg seam to the sides and then cut it at 1/4-inch intervals to make it ravel.
People seem to like the "shaggy" aspects of these bags.  That is fine with me because it is so much easier to make a shaggy strap to flop over one's shoulder.

I still have to make the lining, which is just like making a second bag--slightly more work because I have to add snaps to the top.

I probably won't finish this bag until next week because tomorrow night I have to clean out this room for carpet cleaning.  I just hope I remember where I put all of the elements I need to complete this one!

Comments