Oh, Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, How Lovely will your Tree Skirt Be

Right after Christmas last year, I started a new tree skirt. I finished what seemed like a zillion 5-inch squares (Ok, only 50 of them), then put them in a bag and forgot about them until yesterday.

I pulled out the bag and decided that I needed to get it done soon since I want to use it this year. So I have been sewing a bit the past couple of days and I finally have all the 5-inch blocks sewn into 15-inch squares.
Now I just have to decide how to arrange them, then sew all of the blocks together and the top will be done! Whooooooo hooooooooo! Of course, I still must make the quilt sandwich and then hand quilt it. That is why I must get started on this. It will take a long time to quilt it. I am not even going to attempt to machine quilt. I am tired or ruining everything by my sorry machine quilting.

Everything was going fast and smooth until I started sewing the 15-inch blocks together. After the first row, I discovered this:
Oh no! I forgot to sew one of the pieces on this 5-inch block and did not even realize it. Now I have to pick out 30 inches of 1.5-inch stitches!!! And then another 15 inches (3 sides)) to replace this block. That's enough to knock my enthusiasm back a few weeks.

Comments

The second time I looked at those blocks, I saw a package with a red ribbon. So cute!!
Anya said…
Picking out itty bitty stitches is a pain...but the blocks look great!
Heather said…
Those are amazing blocks. Love the little gift in the middle.
Chris said…
Sorry about the setback, but the blocks are beautiful!
Glynis said…
Could you applique it down instead of undoing zillions of tiny stitches?
agreenearth said…
It is going to be so special when it is finished.