I Finally Made the First Cut--and it Felt so Good

I have mentioned before how I painstakingly hand quilted this king-sized blue jeans quilt only to find that it was way too heavy to use.

For the past few years, it has been sitting in a box in the basement taking up valuable space while I tried to think of another way to use it.

Sunday I thought of another use. I took the scissors and made the first cut--snip, snip, snip.....I happily snipped until I had long lengths that were two blocks high with the binding intact.

Then I stuffed one block under the mattress and ended up with a nice heavy bed skirt that stays exactly where it is supposed to!
I still have a lot left and am thinking of making two window scarfs...stay tuned for that. I am so much happier now that I have found a use for it.

I spent some time over the weekend working on a couple of new denim projects.
I am nearly done with the fist one and will show it to you soon.

Fall is almost here--quilting season is just beginning!

Comments