Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Use for One of the Rose-in-a-Heart Blocks

I am in the mood to sew, but *gasp* I have no projects in the making. Let me rephrase that--I have plenty of projects in the "needs-quilting" stage, but I am in the mood to create something new, yet I don't want to start at the very beginning.

I searched my little pile of completed orphan blocks. I found two of these heart blocks.


Because I bought black eyeglasses with pink on the sides,
I've been wearing a lot of pink and black. I decided to make a handbag to go with some of those outfits.

I had accidentally cut a hole in a pair of my black pants and decided to use those to make a handbag. The black fabric would be a identical to the black pants I wear (I buy multiples of the same pant and wear them almost every day to work).

So I cut up the pants and started adding black borders. So far I am here:

I have no idea what I will end up with, but I think I need to incorporate some of that background white/tan into the bag. I will have to think about it for a bit.

Stay tuned because I will post the final results as soon as I get it done.

3 comments:

Fiesta said...

Zoey beautiful block.

Heather said...

I made that block one before for a contest. unfortunately it didn't win, but I did enjoy how it turned out. Yours looks lovely

The Tile Lady said...

Really really gorgeous!
By the way, check out my blog for the "end result" of my Lone Star catastrophe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...