I've worked for the last two evenings to get this one done. I had no plan--just designed it by the seat of my pants, so to speak. I found an uncut pair of jeans and had a vision for this part.
You may be wondering what in the world I would use this part for? Unfortunately I did not take a picture before I cut it out. So I put it back together so you could see what it was.
A button up fly. Cool! I thought I could use it to close the top of my purse. And it worked -- though it is a bit difficult to button.
But it does keep everything inside nice and secure. I stopped on Monday night when I could not come up with anything for a handle. On Tuesday night I took a second look at the suspenders on this bib jeans top.
The color wasn't quite the right light shade of blue, but I finally came up with the idea to add a pink stripe down the middle. I think it made a big difference.
It finished off the handbag quite nicely.
I added two pink-covered buttons on the bottom.
I plan to carry the handbag while wearing the pink jacket (behind it)with some denim capris and flip flops. Toe nails will, of course, be painted the same shade of pink. I think it will make a fun outfit!
So far I have broken 8 needles while making these two bags. This bag has a denim lining so it's pretty tough to sew through all those thick layers when you get to the handle/belt loop areas. It's a good thing I finally learned how to open those needle boxes!