Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Only One Piece Left to the Puzzle

Thank you all so much for your votes on the layout. It was an overwhelming majority for this one:

So last night I made all the 3-inch blocks for the sides, which took only about an hour because this layout eliminated 4 pieces per 3-inch block, or about 112 total pieces. Yah! I am so glad everyone picked this layout!

As you can see, I am just one piece short of completing this puzzle. Piecing quilts is just like doing a giant jigsaw puzzle, don't you think?


After looking at this on my screen, I think I need to finish off those half squares. That will leave blank squares all along the outside to relieve the eye, as Heather mentioned in her comment (and I agree, it needs that). Of course the eye relief will be at the beginning, which isn't exactly where it should be, but it would also work as a break between designs if I continue to add to this quilt. It would also give me a nice empty space to hand quilt something interesting, as Peggy mentioned. I hope I have enough fabric to do so.

I don't even know what I am going to do with this. It started as a baby quilt, but it took way too much time to make all these blocks, so I think it will be something that I can use... maybe a table topper....or the center of a king-size bed quilt...I never know what I will end up with when I start a project!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I really love your quilt and the layout is wonderful!

Chris said...

Its coming along beautifully!

SallyC said...

Really like the idea of a table topper or the center of a kin size bed quilt. Hope you will show us when it's all finished.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...