I Made a Design Change in the Pink & Brown Star Quilt

I did not count how many blocks I made over the weekend, but it was quite a few.

Last Tuesday I was getting my nails done and I was telling my nail tech about this quilt. I remember telling her that I thought I could get all the blocks pieced this weekend if I really set my mind to it.

Ha! I was over optimistic with that statement. I spent quite a few hours piecing and got only this far - it's less than half way through the piecing.
See that stack of secondary star blocks on the right side? I decided to remove them all from the outer edges because the quilt was just to busy and I would run out of that circular orange fabric anyway. Instead I will finish all the edges with just the brown stripe - like this:

That will cause all the smaller stars to remain on the inside and give the eye a resting place as it takes in all the different patterns. I like that much better.

Comments

Heather said…
This sounds like a good variation. i also like to finish the elements and have carried points out into the border so they looked complete.