Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

Deck Quilts Collage

About this time of the year I begin thinking about making quilts for the deck. Of course, warmth is not needed in the summer, but big blasts of color is. So I made chair backs and lots of pillows to toss on all the white furniture.

I have already made two different color schemes and I have tons of fun decorating the deck with them.

After looking through previous year's pics (to remember what colors I had), I decided that both sets are still in pristine condition, so I won't make a new set this year. That left me with no new project.

It looked like I might go two nights in a row without sewing anything. .. but I got a little fidgety.... I glanced over and saw a pattern I printed some time ago from Sewhooked.org.
Hmmm, it doesn't look like much, but I am curious to see it made up.

So I grabbed it, cut it out and picked up this bag of recent scraps (still sitting on the floor under the ironing board).

In about one hour, I had a cute chicken pot holder.


I even tried out a new stitch on my machine
to use instead of quilting to hold it in place. Then I used a second stitch to machine sew the binding on. I need more work on that, so I will probably make another one tonight to practice.

It was a quick fun project.

2 comments:

sewhooked said...

Well done! I like the stitching around the wing.

Judy said...

I love the idea of quilts and pillows outside and we have a wonderful big porch where I have some wicker chairs and an old
1950's glider. I find that anything I put out there mildew
and musty. What do you do to keep
that from happening? I only use
old shabby chic looking things I've found at thrift shops. I'm
not brave enough to put anything I've made out there. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...