My Valentine's Day Quilt

I made this quilt a number of years ago--I can't even remember when...time flies so fast. It's a big patchwork heart with log cabin borders.

I was inspired as I was reading this post at Chris' blog, Quilt Talk, and she had a picture of a patchwork heart that was the same one I used for this quilt.
Her post made me remember my quilt and how versatile it has been over the years.

Valentine's day in Michigan can be very, very COLD. This quilt is not the warmest one I have so some years I don't put it on the bed.

Instead I use it as a tablecloth for Valentine's Day dinner.

One year I used a different tablecloth and put the quilt on a ladder and put it in a corner of the dining room.

Some years I just drape it over the sofa for the month of February. You never know where you will find this quilt from year to year, but you can be pretty sure that you will find it gracing something.

I like making heart blocks. Here are two that I really love.

The last one is from Paper Panache's mystery blocks.

I used the first block to grace the back of two of my dining chairs for last year's Valentine dinner.

This weekend I plan to do a table for this year. I think I am going to do black, white and red so I can use this runner I made last year.
If it materializes this weekend, I will be sure to post a picture.

Comments

Sarah said…
Thanks for sharing these photos of how you used this lovely quilt. Love those blocks with the flowers. Look forward to the red, white, and black tablescape.
Betsy said…
Zoey as usual I am speechless.
The heart quilt is fabulous and I love the paper pieced hearts especially the one with the rose.
Your tablescapping is exciting. Have you published a book about tablesettings yet?
Chris said…
Wow - thanks for the mention. I LOVE your quilt and the squares really DO look very much like my little wall hanging. Guess I'll have to a make a quilt now to go with it!! :)
Gayle said…
Beautiful Valentine's quilt and lovely blocks...wow!:-)