I've Spent the Past Two Days in Quilting Bliss

Since I've been off work, I have all the time in the world to putter in my sewing room. In addition to working on the tree skirt, I have been experimenting with different blocks.

I keep looking at tree blocks and thinking how much I like them. So I spent a little time printing out some patterns and sewing them.
The present was my first try before deciding on the tree skirt colors. I have no idea what these will become. I will just set them aside until a new project pops into mind. Kathy, from Kathy's Quilts, recently posted a cute runner she made using tree blocks and pinwheels. I thought that was a different combo. I might end up doing something similar.

I have also put the binding on the elf runner.
It's sitting patiently waiting in the family room until I decide to watch a movie and hand stitch it to the back.

Comments

Betsy said…
Zoey, you designed those blocks yourself?
I am sure that you will make something great!
Sarah said…
Oh, these tree blocks look like great fun. I'll be eager to see what project you end up uising these in.
~ Happy New Year!
Sarah
mattsmom499 said…
Zoey, I added the scrap quilt top to my blog, thanks for the help.I hope to quilt it in the coming weeks. This is the biggest quilt I ever made.