How to See What Your Quilt Will Look Like Before You Finish It

Because I have never made that specific pink star block before, I am dying to know how it will look once I have a lot of blocks together. So far I have only one block made and I have a very limited amount of fabric -- just one jelly roll with 20 strips. I don't want to waste fabric making more if it's not something I will like.

So I took the picture from yesterday's post and imported it into Publisher -then I copied and pasted it until I had the number of blocks I would need.

Here is what it will look like when finished (which should be 42 x 42 inches):

It appeals to me. I really like how the corner stars form a block that looks like it was set on point.

Now I can begin sewing in earnest because I will like it when it's done. I won't have enough of the jelly roll fabric for all those stars. I am going to go back after work tonight to see if they have one more left. Last week there was just one left when I bought mine. If not, I will either scale down the size or add additional fabrics.

Comments

Betsy said…
Zoey that is so cool. You come up with the best ideas
Heather said…
that looks real nice together.
SallyC said…
It's beautiful, can't wait to see it when you have it all together and quilted.