Five Years of Quilts

After I showed you how many table runners I made in the past year, I started to think about how many quilts I made. I did not make any last year, but during the past five years or so, I have made all of these:
Two of the above are not yet quilted.
Oops, forgot this one.
It's still waiting to be quilted.
I also made this blue jean quilt a couple of years ago. I collected jeans for what seemed like forever before I had enough for a king-sized quilt.

I painstakingly hand quilted it. Yes, I was NUTS. It took forever.




I was thrilled to finally finish it and I immediately put it on my bed to sleep under. It did not take more than a few days for me to realize that it was just too heavy to sleep under.

I folded it up and took it to the basement where it still lives a lonely life in a big Rubbermaid tote.

I keep thinking I should cut it up and make something else from it. I just have not yet figured out what. It's a real shame to have wasted all that time quilting it, but if I don't cut it up, I won't ever use it. I thought it might make a nice picnic blanket, which it probably would, but I never go on picnics. Maybe that should be a goal for this summer -- one picnic with the big beast--before I take the scissors to it and turn it into shopping bags (that's about all I can think of to make from it).

Oh, by the way, I went back to Joanne's yesterday and they still had that second jelly roll. Now I am all set for the little pink, brown and orange baby quilt. I sewed another 9 of the 3-inch blocks last night. If I really put my mind to it, I could probably make all the star blocks by this weekend. I think 3-inch blocks are my favorite size to paper piece.

Comments

Betsy said…
Zoey get yourself a quilt ladder and display that hand quilted jewel.
Hubby made me one for Christmas and it is perfect for those quilts that cannot be used but should be displayed.
Your quilts are spectacular.
Chris said…
Please don't cut it up - it's too beautiful!
SallyC said…
Each quilt is amazing. I don't quilt and envy your amazing talent. They are each a work of art. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.
Quilter Kathy said…
You hand quilted denim?!? Are you crazy?!?
My goodness...weren't your hands aching?
Isn't it fun to see how much you have accomplished?!? WOW! Each one is a work of art!
Dianne said…
Wow, so beautiful-you really have a gift for quilting. Maybe you should get a rectangular picnic table just to use your quilt this summer. Sorry it was to heavy to sleep under.