I found another block that I thought would be fun. This one has a LOT of pieces -- 18 in each 6 inch foundation--times that by 4 to get one 12-inch block.
I do believe that adds up to 72 pieces in each 12-inch block.
This looks pretty busy and I had intended to omit that star in the middle.
But after picking my fabrics, I decided to keep it.
The fabrics I picked are much more subtle than those in this illustration.
I used that blue and brown striped fabric I showed you a few posts ago. I ripped it into strips before leaving for work this morning.
This time I planned out the ends before I made the runner. I think it's the first time I've done that. The ends are normally the last thing I do. I spent a fair amount of time figuring out how to do the ends and then printing the patterns, which were too big for one sheet of paper, so I had a lot of taping together and trying to get the lines in just the right spot.
Now I don't think I will have enough blue fabric left to finish the end pieces! Maybe I could use all the different brown fabrics for the ends...I will just wait until I finish and then figure it out. It seems to work best for me that way!