Let's start at the beginning:
I was in the mood to start a new project so I checked my foundation piecing disk to see if anything would enthuse me.
This block looked quick and easy. Maybe too easy, so I decided to play with it a bit on the computer to get a better idea of what it would turn out to be. I put four 4-inch blocks together, then four of those together and it formed this:
I decided I like it and looked around the room to see what fabric I had out on the shelves that would work. I tend to do that a lot -- no planning in advance on the colors; just going with whatever is easiest to grab (vs. going to the basement to rummage through bins).
I came up with three fabrics that I liked together. I decided the background would be orange and the stars would be the print with dark green edges.
I made 4 of the 4-inch foundations and sewed them into this:
I am loving that color combination, but I wonder if I have any dishes that will work with a table runner made in these colors. There is not much sense going to all the work to make a tablerunner if I won't use it. So I stopped right here and went to the kitchen to see what I could find.
Within minutes, I found these:
The combination made my heart sing. I will now continue the project.
I tried to do the witch table yesterday, but nothing was really working for me, so I gave it up. I will try another day.