24 blocks down and at least 24 more to Go

I had forgotten how long it takes to make something out of a 3-inch block! Thank goodness it's an easy pattern.



I have decided to continue on with the pattern I showed yesterday. I did make a sample pinwheel block, which I really liked, but I made it the wrong size! For some reason I thought I needed a 4.5-inch block, when I really needed a 6-inch. I was too frustrated to make a bigger one and just decided to go with what I had originally planned.

Those who commented said they thought the pattern worked nicely and I agree. You can see the pinwheel block sitting alone. I like it, but I think I like the other better. If I feel very ambitious, I may make chair backs with the pinwheel blocks....maybe.....that's a lot of work.

I have no ideas yet how I will finish the ends. I never know until I get to that point.

Comments

SewCalGal said…
Very striking design. Great colors & fabrics. Can't wait to see your finished project. Love it...but I think this is going to inspire me to make one as I want it!

You are doing a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Betsy said…
That is coming along so good.
I see that you garden too. I will have to check out your gardening blog.