7 Things I Love

Recently Sparkle Jars tagged me to list 7 things that I love that aren't obvious. I've been thinking about it for a bit and this is what I came up with:

#1. Culinary murder mystery books - these are very light reading. Since I work as the catering/sales director in a hotel, I find the catering/food references quite interesting. When they talk about Bridesilla or the the customer wanting Chateaubriand on a chuck steak budget, I can relate. :) My favorite author for these is Dianne Mott Davidson.

#2. Snow Storms on the weekend (so I don't have to drive to work). I love getting over a foot of snow with big fluffy white flakes. I especially like to be baking cookies when it falls.

#3. Stemmed glassware. It's a quirk of mine. I just don't like clunky glasses. I even drink milk in a stemmed wine glass.

#4. Thunderstorms on a hot summer evening.

#5. White Sheets with a high thread count. Over the years I have gotten rid of all my colored scratchy sheets. I adore sinking into white cool,crisp sheets topped with a handmade quilt.

#6. Setting the table. Some people think it's odd, but I love to set a dinner table. If you haven't seen my tablescaping blog, you can check it out here.

#7. Not leaving my home on Sunday--sometimes not even getting dressed all day.

I must say these memes are not as easy to do as they look! It took some time to come up with seven things. It was fun, though.

Thanks Sparkle Jars for tagging me. I am not tagging anyone, but if you want to do it, please do and leave a link in the comment so I can go and read it.

Comments

Gayle said…
Where is the hotel located? What a great job. It sounds demanding but fun.

I loved answer #7...but it seems the days I don't get dressed, that's when an unexpected visitor shows up at the door. :-)