I Put the Last Border on this Quilt


in April of 2007!


Yes, this medallion quilt with multiple borders, that I named 'Birds of a Feather' has been sitting in the sewing room for over two years (where does the time go?) waiting to be quilted.

When I bought my Husq. Sapphire 850 over a year ago, I intended to be a proficient machine quilter by now so that I could machine quilt this king-sized beast (104" x 104"). After quilting a number of table runners and one smaller quilt, I have decided that I do not like machine quilting. I have seen people who can do it well on a small machine, but I am not one of them. So I am going to go back to hand quilting all but the small runners.


This will be my next major quilting job. I will get it all set and just work on it when the mood strikes. It will take months--even a year, depending on how often the mood strikes.

Comments

This quilt is just stunning! I love it!
Anya said…
The top is lovely and I'm sure your hand quilting will be as well.
Gayle said…
This quilt is amazing!
Quilter Kathy said…
Wow! That is a ton of piecing in that quilt...great job!
I still really like hand quilting but also enjoy machine quilting, so I always have a couple of projects on the go for each type...just in case I get bored!!