Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Put the Last Border on this Quilt


in April of 2007!


Yes, this medallion quilt with multiple borders, that I named 'Birds of a Feather' has been sitting in the sewing room for over two years (where does the time go?) waiting to be quilted.

When I bought my Husq. Sapphire 850 over a year ago, I intended to be a proficient machine quilter by now so that I could machine quilt this king-sized beast (104" x 104"). After quilting a number of table runners and one smaller quilt, I have decided that I do not like machine quilting. I have seen people who can do it well on a small machine, but I am not one of them. So I am going to go back to hand quilting all but the small runners.


This will be my next major quilting job. I will get it all set and just work on it when the mood strikes. It will take months--even a year, depending on how often the mood strikes.

5 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

This quilt is just stunning! I love it!

Anya said...

The top is lovely and I'm sure your hand quilting will be as well.

OsageBluffquilter said...

Gosh that is BEAUTIFUL!

sparkle jars said...

This quilt is amazing!

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! That is a ton of piecing in that quilt...great job!
I still really like hand quilting but also enjoy machine quilting, so I always have a couple of projects on the go for each type...just in case I get bored!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...