Is Anyone Doing Paper Panache Mystery #49?

I gave up on the elf clothing. It was too much work, for too little reward.

But I am so glad I tried. While looking for the shirt pattern, I found this tool that I have been trying to find for months. See that clear thing on top of the box? Do you know what it is?



It is a quarter-inch marker for adding that amount to templates.

It is so much easier than using a ruler and making little 1/4-inch ticks, then trying to align the ruler and draw the line.

I am thrilled to have it back! It was worth the 30 minutes I spent making the rejected elf shirt.

That template I am marking is for the Paper Panache Mystery Challenge #49. I am wondering if anyone else has done this one because I don't think I have it made correctly.


I need to make 6 of these and put them together in a hexagon and then I will know what it is. I can't imagine that it will look like anything recognizable, so I am wondering if I have made mistakes.

I went back to the site and she says it will look like nothing for quite a while. That was reassuring. Then she said you may have to stand back to see the secret message. I stood back, on top of and then photograped to view it on the computer. I don't see anything. I hate to make 5 more of these if I have them wrong.

I decided to make 6 copies of the finished block and set them side by side.

I still can't tell what it is.

Can you?

If you have made this, I would be eternally grateful if you could give me some direction so I know if I should continue on.

Comments

I thought it was a snowflake?

I'm not make the mystery, I have too much other "stuff" to do now. Good luck
Osagebluffquilter
Diana LaMarre said…
Ah, maybe it is a snowflake. I never even thought of that. I kept thinking along the lines of an ornament of some sort.



I think I will just put it aside until I find out what it is supposed to be, then decide if I should finish it.

Thanks for giving it a try! I think you are probably correct.