I had started to hand quilt my pink star. I did one small area and it sat for a couple of weeks. Friday night I picked it up to work on it. The thought of spending months quilting it didn't seem so appealing, so I decided to make my first big attempt at machine quilting. I've had this machine since Feb. and if I am ever going to get good at it, I need to start now.
I am only sewing straight lines (let's say "somewhat" straight--I have no markings and it's not all that easy to keep them straight).
But the less than straight lines are minor. It's all the problems on the backside that are giving me a headache.
I have puckers....
I have a hole................I knew it would only be a matter of time before I snipped the fabric as well as the threads.
But the worst of all is this......................Arrrgggggggg............the extra fabric on the edge folded back and I sewed right over it.
I'm leaving it. I am already fed up with having to rip stitches out of this.
I hope someday I look back at my first machine quilted item and get a good laugh. Right now it's not all that funny and I am pretty discouraged.
But I did find myself doing this
and that's a good sign.