Old Maid's Puzzle - book review


I am really getting interested in quilting mysteries. I am surprised how many are out there when you really start looking for them.

My latest read was Old Maid's Puzzle by Terri Thayer.


Dewey Pellicano recently inherited her mother’s quilt store and is determined to make it profitable.

It’s the store’s 20th anniversary. They are planning a huge anniversary sale. The day before the sale a national quilting show is going to air a ½ hour interview with one of the store’s clerks, (who also happens to be the jealous sister-in-law). Dewey is very optimistic that the national debut will be the saving grace for the shop.

That is until a dead body turns up in the quilting shop’s alley. . . and then a second body….

I found the book to be a fun read. I started it on Friday and finished it on Saturday. You don’t have to be a quilter to enjoy this book, but there are enough quilter references to keep you interested if you are.

I didn't realize until today that this is the second book in a series. The first book is Wild Goose Chase. I should have read that one first. I am not sure if I will read it now that I have already read #2. I hate to read them out of order.
I will, however, be looking forward to a third book.

Comments