Roses are Red, Border are Blue Quilt is Finished

I took the last stitch in the binding last night -- September 9, 2008.
Imagine my total surprise when I looked back through the blog and discovered that on September 9, 2007 I posted about the beginning of this quilt! In that post, I was just making a bunch of the rose blocks and really had no idea of what I would do with them.

Exactly one year later, I have this quilt to sleep under for the first time tonight.

For me, one year, is quite fast to complete a king-sized quilt. I only worked on it when I felt like it and I made oodles of other quilt tops, table runners and quilted pot holders during the same time span.



One of the things I love about making my own bed covers is that I can make them exactly the size I need. Notice how this one hangs down the sides & at the end exactly where it needs to in order to cover the matteress? That's no accident. I keep putting it on the bed and adding borders until it is precisely where I want it.

I feel good. I am very happy with this quilt.

Comments

Dionne said…
Your finished quilt is fabulous. It must have taken a ton of work. Well, all your hard work has paid off in spades!