I Don't Like Birthdays Anyway


I used masking tape to mark my machine quilting lines on the Happy Birthday banner. I spent my limited free time the past three days quilting it. It did not look very good when it was done, but I was still excited that I had a few hours today to get it finished..

I made some binding and sewed it on. I couldn't wait to toss it on the table and see how it turned out. I was so disappointed! I have never had a quilt with such wobbly edges! I didn't think to take a picture of it. I really don't want to remember it anyway.

I was not about to pick out all that binding. So I took scissors and just cut it off, thinking there would be enough room to rebind.

There was plenty of room to rebind. I looked it over and made a sudden decision that I was not going to spend one more second on this table runner.

I asked myself if I would be embarrassed to have someone at my dinner table touching and looking at my work.


The answer was an unequivocal yes.

There was nothing else I could do with it, but this.

It hurt. I spent many hours making all those blocks. Sometimes you just have to cut your loses and move on.

Comments

KateKwiltz said…
Oh you did NOT throw that out! Donate it, or give it to somebody who knows nothing about sewing, but don't throw it out!
Diana LaMarre said…
I am afraid I did throw it out.

It really was not fit to use. If I wouldn't use it myself, I would not give it to anyone.

The fact is I make these things continously so I have so many others to finish that I can't waste my limited free time on something that is not worth finishing.

Believe me if any part was worth salvaging, I would have.