Designing Paper Pieced Tablerunners

I have really been enjoying designing table runners to match some of the dishes I own.

I decided to make a runner to coordinate with these green plaid plates that I bought two years ago at the Farmer's Market garage sale day.

I took a 4.5 inch block and changed it until it looked similar to the dish pattern. Before starting to sew I put a bunch of the pieces together to see what design I would end up with. I wasn't sure it would work. It's pretty hard to tell what it will look like without the colored fabric.

I decided I'd make a few blocks just to see what I had.

I was very pleasantly surprised.


I think this may be my favorite so far.

I still need to decide whether to make a triangle piece for each end. I really don't like my runners to just end in a straight line, but this one may be an exception because it's so much wider than I normally like. I felt like I needed the extra width to get a good pattern design.

I wanted to take a vacation day today, but the Big Kahuna thought I should be at work. That's what happens when you wait until the last minute to request a vacation day. I guess he didn't feel like going in early to cover for me.

Comments