All day today I was working on the next border for the rose quilt (I need to think of a name for it).
At first I auditioned the log cabin blocks again.
They are just too visually heavy and it's not likely they will end up in this quilt. Since I have only made six of them, it's no big deal. I may turn them into a table runner (my current favorite thing to use up quilt blocks gone bad).
Almost immediately after I rejected them, I though of using the same border I put around the original rose block.
Bingo! It was just what I needed to do.
However I had a few problems and had to do some tearing out.
It is 1000% more painful to tear out when you are doing foundation piecing with tiny little stitches. Unfortunately I did not lay out the top and bottom border before I sewed all the blocks together. I should know by now that it never pays to take shortcuts! It ended up that I had made 2 extra blocks. ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG...there was nothing to do but rip it out.
Anyway I finally finished and I am very, very pleased.
Now I have a problem. The quilt is 56" x 42". Only a baby size. I don't have enough of the same fabrics left. I am in BIG trouble now! I will have to think this over for awhile.
Happy Halloween - Here it is Halloween 2015 and I have done absolutely Nothing! No table, no Halloween décor...............so sad......................... Last Halloween...
2 years ago